"Even our contractor said if he decides to build himself another house, he’d look at buying a pre-fab package. He’s very impressed with the materials included and the thought that went into the planning." - Tim Dubreuil, Flin Flon, MB
The primary goal of building a green home is to reduce your environmental impact and to create a healthy environment for you and your family. Care should be taken to maximize energy efficiency and minimize use of fresh water. Choose materials that are from sustainable sources and free from harmful chemicals. And do your best to build in a way that minimizes environmental disturbance. Find out more about why building a prefab home or cottage is considerably better for the environment. Less than 2% wood waste also means more cost savings!
Building a Winton factory-framed package is inherently green – by nature...
- 55% less lumber waste
- 60% less sheathing waste
- 40% less framing labour cost
- Lumber: a renewable resource
- Energy efficient double Low E, Argon windows are standard
- We build our engineered trusses so you can insulate your roof to a code-exceeding R56
- Extra LEED and Built Green™ points can be obtained when you build with our pre-framed building components
- Convenient "one truck" delivery to your job site reduces the environmental footprint and means less damage to natural areas surrounding the residence
- Our computer controlled factory allows for optimized materials planning and use – less than ~ 2% waste wood